1. Roll out clay to ¼” thick.
2. Cut out the butterfly, if you have a smaller butterfly cutter you can make an impression in the bigger butterfly.
3. Put hole in the wings with a toothpick about ¼” from the edge. Set aside to dry.
4. Activ-Clay can be painted with any kind of paint. In the sample I used Blue Acrylic paint thinner with water all over the butterfly, wiped with a paper towel before the paint was dry. Then I did the designs with several colors of Papier Paint right out of the bottle, but you can use the paint you have on hand. Acrylics, watercolors, temper paint, this will keep the cost down if you are doing a group project.
5. Cut a piece of black craft wire 4” long, bend it into a fun shape, fold in half and glue it to the back of the butterfly.
6. Cut a piece of 1/8” ribbon 8” long, put through holes tie knots to keep in place, trim excess ribbon.