Read and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Use photo as a guide when making projects.
Use patterns provide, enlarge them to desired size.
The pattern sometimes transfers to the surface of rolled out clay simply by Placing patterns face down on wet Activ-Clay, gently rub and remove after one minute. If not transfer has occurred. Simply turn pattern face up and trace gently with a pencil.
Pierce clay shapes where dots are on patterns making the holes 1/8” in diameter.
Activ-Clay is superior strength air-dry clay. To dry place on a screen or rack. If not screen or rack are not available turn and rotate clay pieces while drying to expose all sides of your work while drying, so no curling will occur.
Paint one side of the shapes, allow the paint to dry and then repeat the painting on the reverse side. This way your mobile is attractive to look at from all sides.
1) Enlarge pattern to desired size.
2) Roll out Activ-Clay® with rolling pin until 1/2” thick and long enough to hold the patterns.
3) Transfer patterns, cut out shapes with plastic knife, smooth edges if needed. Pierce holes making them 1/8” in diameter and set on screen until dry.
4) Refer to the photo and paint the Santa shape in red, white and pink, with green mittens. Paint one side, allow it to dry and then repeat painting on reverse side.
5) Paint the stars yellow.
6) Paint presents multi colored with ribbons. Let dry.
7) Use the clear elastic cord to hang the presents, stars and candy cane from the Santa piece. Vary the lengths of the cord and triple knot the elastic cord pulling tightly on knot and trim. Tie the red ribbon from one mitten to the other mitten to hang the mobile.
Re-size the above template to any size you’d like to make by using a copy machine.