Permastone Beaded Mask
- ACTÍVA InstaMold
- ACTÍVA PermaStone
- Plastic Mask
- 6 colors of Deco-Art Liquid Beadz of your choice
- 2 flat back glass marbles
- 1 package of feathers, colors to go with the beadz
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paperclip for the hanger
- Plastic knife
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Container large enough for the mask to fit in
- Masking tape
1. Read and follow directions on the InstaMold and PermaStone packages before you begin, it is important to be familiar with the steps before you begin.
2. Tape the eye hole on the inside of the mask.
3. Find a container that the mask will fit into. You are going to fill this container with the Insta-mold mixture and press the mask into the mixture creating the mask mold.
4. All containers are different sizes so the best way I can tell you to measure is to pour the dry InstaMold into the container, now measure the dry powder, read the instructions to know how much water to use. IMPORTANT, add the powder to the water a little at a time mixing constantly. It may be a little lumpy, pour mixture into the container, tap of a flat surface to get out some of the bubbles, press the mask into the mixture, allow to set, 5 minutes or so before you remove the mask.
5. Bend the paperclip into a “U” shape for the hanger.
6. Now mix the PermaStone; according to the ratio on the package it will take about 2 cups of dry perma-stone to fill the mask, just to the edge. Best to have too much because you may not have time to mix more before it starts to set up. Pour the mixture into the mask mold. Once filled tap the container on the flat surface again bringing up the air bubbles. Set the hanger into the PermaStone, hold it in place until it no longer sinks into the mixture. Let it PermaStone set, for this thickness leave it for at least 3 hours before removing it from the mold, them set on a drying rack over night before applying the beadz.
7. Draw a design on the mask with a pencil; apply the beadz with a plastic knife. This will take time a patience and maybe a hair dryer or embossing gun to help speed up the drying process. The beadz want to slide off the mask so keep an eye on it until they set up. Let dry completely before gluing beadz to the back of the mask.