Hearty Clay Heart Pin
- Hearty Clay - Choice of color
- Clay roller kit (Item 1713)
- Clay scissors (Item 1581)
- Clay Shaping Tool (set/3) (Item 1579)
- Acrylic paint - 3 different metallic colors
- Colored Leafing - gold and silver
- Leafing adhesive
- 1" size gold pin bar backing
- Cosmetic sponge
- Paper plate
- E-6000 glue
- Roll small amount of clay to 1/16" thickness
- Lay heart pattern onto clay and cut with scissors
- Press thumbs into lobes of the heart to create some indentation. When doing this you will push some clay together to create a raised line coming down center. Smooth the wells and edges of the heart with the shaping tool.
- You may let herat air dry (less than an hour) or you can paint immediately. Let paint dry before adding other colors. This will be very quick as acrylic paint is a fast drying paint.
- If you haven't let heart air dry, do so now. Remember to turn project over so both sides will dry evenly.
- Apply leafing adhesive, let dry.
- Apply leafing.
- Glue pin bar onto back side.
- Other Ideas
Downsize the pattern and create earrings to accompany your pin. Use the project as the focal point on a card or use the hearts as an embellishment on a scrapbook page or add the heart to a special box you have created.