The students will use various ACTÍVA clay and sculpture materials along with found objects to make personal slices of pizza and/or ice cream.
Cardboard Cereal Box and Foil, masking tape, and white glue
Recycled 4oz yogurt cup
Acrylic Paint and brushes (optional Mod Podge to seal)
Buckets and paper towels
1. Introduce students to popular foods from Italy.
2. Students will create the pizza form from cardboard cereal boxes and foil for the crust.
3. Students will make the ice cream form from a recycled yogurt cup and a sphere shape of foil.
4. Attach pre-cut strips of wet Rigid Wrap to the cardboard triangle pizza and the yogurt cup. Smooth and let dry. Insert a spoon or other found objects into the yogurt cup before it dries.
5. Mix the CelluClay and apply to the top of the dry pizza form for the sauce, add the same mixture to the surface of the foil sphere to make the ice cream. Smooth and let dry.
6. Make toppings for the food with Activ Clay. Let dry then glue onto the CelluClay.
7. Paint the surfaces with acrylic paint.
8. Let dry. Ciao!